1946 Born – Vijay Kiyawat – a self-taught artist is emerging on the scene of Indian contemporary art. Delhi’s sprawling gardens, trees, and flowers have dominant influence in his paintings. An IIT engineer, a corporate CEO working for over 4 decades, Vijay commenced his painting career late in life. His energy comes from his optimism and love for nature, and art in all its forms. His paintings reflect his personality through subtle and vibrant colors. He is currently focusing on watercolors – a spiritual medium – the medium he loves the most.
When not painting, Vijay loves to play the piano and do birding.
–Work displayed by AIFACS New Delhi in its 82nd Painting Exhibition 2010 thru All India competition
–Work displayed by Camlin Art Foundation in its 10th Northern Region Art Exhibition in New Delhi in October 2010, thru regional competition.
–Work displayed by AIFACS New Delhi in its 13th Watercolor Exhibition 2011 thru All India competition.
–Work displayed by Camlin Art Foundation in its 11th Northern Region Art Exhibition in Lucknow in November 2011, thru regional competition.
–Work displayed by AIFACS New Delhi in its 14th Watercolor Exhibition 2012 thru All India competition.
–Works displayed by Camlin Art Foundation in its 12th Northern Region Art Exhibition in New Delhi in January 2013, thru regional competition.
–Triveni Art Gallery New Delhi, October 2010
–Open Palm Court Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, October 2011
–Fiidaa Art Gallery at Volvo Art Loft Singapore, April 2012
–Hirji Jehangir Art Gallery Mumbai, December 2013
–Open Palm Court Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, February 2014
–Chawla Art Gallery, Square One Mall, Saket, New Delhi, March 2014
–Open Palm Court Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, February-March 2015
–Club Vasant Vihar, December 2016
–Club Vasant Vihar, March 2017
–CSOI Gallery, New Delhi, October 2017
– Lokayata Art gallery New Delhi, November 2010
– United Art fair, Pragati Maidan New Delhi, September 27-30, 2012
– International Art Show by Galerie Art Eterne at Lalit Kala Akademi New Delhi, September 27-October 4, 2012
– After Dreams exhibition in Nehru Centre London, December 2012
– Featured artist in May-June, 2013, at F.I.R.E. Arts Studios and Gallery, Naperville-Chicago USA
– “Reflections”, a group show sponsored by Maadhyam and Can-Stop in Amethyst Chennai, March 2015
– “After the Rains”-a group show sponsored by Maadhyam in Hotel Taj West End, Bengaluru, August 2015
– “Confluence 2015”-a group international show in Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi in September 2015
– “After the Rains”-a group show sponsored by Maadhyam in Open Palm Court Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi in October 2015
– Affordable Art Fair, Singapore, November 2016
– “Confluence 2016”-a group international show in Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi in December 2016
Some collectors of Vijay’s work:
– Vice Chancellor-Delhi University
– General Manager-Bank of Tokyo India
– CEO-Dabur India
– CEO-Disney India
– CMD-Madison World
– MD-Deutsche Bank India
– Sr. President-Tech. Mahindra
– MD-PE Consulting India
– Special Advisor-UCLA Santa Cruz (USA)
– Jt. MD-Duraline India
– President-Outokumpu India
– High Commissioner of Guyana in India
–Industrialists, Artists, and Tourists from Australia, Brazil, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, USA
– In 2019, Goldman Sachs India acquired 11 of his works for their collection and display in their corporate office in Bengaluru.